Monday, August 16, 2010

Can I cancel my Rental Lease Agreement?

I live with my son's father's family, and my name and his mom name is on the lease. However, me and my son's father decided to split!!! However, I have not lived there for 30 days yet. Can I back out of my lease agreement!!?? I dont want no deposit or anything, I just want me and my son being able to leave!! please help!Can I cancel my Rental Lease Agreement?
It varies by state I found a website, you have to register for free, and it gives information for alot of states.





http://www.uslaw.com/us_law_article.php?a=267Can I cancel my Rental Lease Agreement?
If you signed the lease agreement, you are responsible for the FULL monthly rental amount along with his mother. You CAN leave, but leaving does not relieve you of the financial responsibility to which you agreed. If ';Mom'; doesn't pay the rent, expect them to come after YOU for the full amount.
No you cannot cancel the agreement I'm sorry but you are responsible for the lease thru the term of the lease. If the person on the lease leaves or defaults it shows up on your credit, they can and will be holding you responsible.





they only way you can get out of the lease is when it's up for renewal be sure to let the LL know you have moved out.
If your name is on the lease, you are responsible for paying the rent. So is the other person.





How long you have lived there is not theissue. Signing a contract is.





Talk to the landlord and ';his mom'; and ask them is they will both agree to take your name off the lease ... if they do, you are in the clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment