Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ohio Terminate Rental lease for apartment Due to New Home ownership?

I currently rent and have 4 months left on the lease. I recently bought a home and was told by (fifth third)my loan company that there is a law that lets you get out of a lease if you purchase a home. I currently live in Ohio. Has anyone every heard of this law?Ohio Terminate Rental lease for apartment Due to New Home ownership?
I've never heard of such an exclusion in a statute.


As an aside, here is an URL to the Ohio Tenant/Landlord Act. I perused it quickly, and can find nothing which relates to such a scenario.





If these loan companies (brokers) are aware of such a statute, it should be rather simple for them to direct you to the section of Ohio State statutes providing such an exclusion. My guess is that you won't find such a statute.

No comments:

Post a Comment