Thursday, August 19, 2010

I am not under a rental lease, my old lease expired an i have not signed anything new do i have to give30days?

I am not under rental lease, my old lease expire nov 1st an i have not signed anything new, i am moving out dec 15th do i have to give a thirty day notice or can i prorate my rent for month of december an pay halfI am not under a rental lease, my old lease expired an i have not signed anything new do i have to give30days?
Most leases agreements convert to a month to month at the end of the term. The terms of the original lease remain in force including 30 days notice. Additionally, many states require a tenant to give 30 days notice.I am not under a rental lease, my old lease expired an i have not signed anything new do i have to give30days?
Yes, you are under a lease even though the old one ';expired';. You are now under a Period to Period agreement. If you paid monthly before, then yes you must give a full month's notice before moving out. Also you will have to pay for the entire month, whether you live there or not, unless the landlord agrees otherwise. Often they will agree, but you should get it in writing.
thirty days, or be prepared to lose part of the security deposit

No comments:

Post a Comment