Thursday, August 19, 2010

If my roomie signs a yr rental lease with me then moves out & wont to pay their part of the rent, can i sue? ?

me and my roomie are no longer speaking and they moved out, but both our names are on the lease and now i am stuck paying all the rent for a year, can i legally sue for their share of the rent for the year? do i have to wait until the year is over? we are only 1 month into a year rental leaseIf my roomie signs a yr rental lease with me then moves out %26amp; wont to pay their part of the rent, can i sue? ?
Yes you can, most definitely.If my roomie signs a yr rental lease with me then moves out %26amp; wont to pay their part of the rent, can i sue? ?
The lease is in both your names. If you both are not living there it could be considered breaking the lease and you need to move out.





You have to minimize the damages. Meaning you need to try to find another roomie. The ex-roomie, is responsible for their share until you can get a new roomie. You have to make a good faith effort to find one.





Yes, you can sue. My guess is that the ex-roomie probably doesn't have the money to pay even though you win the lawsuit.
Yes, sue!!! They are liable just as well as you are. Take them to court NOW and make them pay as it is NOT fair for you to come out of pocket covering their liabilities.





Good Luck.
yes judge judy will regulate.
You need to get your landlord's approval to replace the one who moved out ASAP. After you replace him you sue for the amount you are screwed out of.

No comments:

Post a Comment