Thursday, August 19, 2010

Maybe I need to break my rental lease because i lost my job in Florida, i didn't find any yet, what can I do?

It's a condo with more the 300 apts. the lease said the i has to pay until done with the lease if need to leave before. what to do? i need helpMaybe I need to break my rental lease because i lost my job in Florida, i didn't find any yet, what can I do?
The first thing you should do is talk to your landlord. Tell them the situation and ask what you can do. Ask if they will let you our of your lease. They probably won't though at least ask them to try to lease the apartment for you. You should start trying to sublease your apartment yourself as well. Put up some signs, an ad in the local paper, etc. Be clear to the landlord that you want to help though without a job you don't know how much longer you can pay the rent. Do your best to be honest and upstanding though I realize you have to eat and hope you find a job soon.Maybe I need to break my rental lease because i lost my job in Florida, i didn't find any yet, what can I do?
You may have to continue to pay until the lease expires. It is a binding contract and breaking it without prior approval will put in a world of financial trouble. Talk to whoever is in charge, explain your situation. Some buildings have a waiting list and would rather charge a fee to change contract and get somebody else in who can pay rather than go through the hassle of not getting paid, evicting, blah blah, expensive blah for them. Be honest, kind and considerate and you may be surprised how willing even an evil landlord can be to help you help himself.
First, read your lease carefully to see if there are any provisions for early termination. Finding someone to sublease is a good idea. Otherwise, if you do move out, you are responsible to pay rent for the term of the lease--but the landlord must make a diligent effort to find a new tenant. The landlord can't just let the apartment sit there and collect rent from you.
I would break it. Obama will support you. He said he would share the wealth....Ask him to share some with you. I am serious. Have him put his money where his mouth is.
Find a job. Bet they will expect you to live up to the lease.

No comments:

Post a Comment