Sunday, August 22, 2010

Uniform rental lease contract?

I have just received a job offer about 70 miles away from my apartment. My lease is due next month. However, I have moved out of my apartment. Is there a uniform apartment rental lease agreement that says if you have a job 50 miles or more away from your residence you can move without paying your rent or penalties? My Landlord wants me to pay next month's rent. What recourse do I have? My contract says if I move out before the lease expires I will pay 2mths rent and forfeit my depositUniform rental lease contract?
Every state has different laws, but I have never heard of one that allows you to get out of the lease because you move out of the area. You can check on your state's web site for regulations regarding rentals though!





You may be better off paying the one month left on the lease and getting your deposit back than losing 2 months and the deposit. There isn't much you can do about it :(





:( sorry!





Good luck with the new job!

No comments:

Post a Comment