Thursday, August 19, 2010

I need to break my rental lease in California. Will there be a penalty amount ($) or 3 months rent I will owe?

$3300.00 per month


6 months left


Will be hard to re-lease


My business is doing terrible and I can barely pay the rent.I need to break my rental lease in California. Will there be a penalty amount ($) or 3 months rent I will owe?
if your credit is terrible and you have no assets you can always cut and run.





But if you have good credit then most likely you would be held responsible for two or three months rent on your lease with six months left.





each party to contract even the non-non breaching party has a duty to mitigate their damage, usually a judge will give a landlord two or three months rent to find a new tenant, but you will be liable for that rent plus any damage to the place, you can and try to find some one to rent the placeI need to break my rental lease in California. Will there be a penalty amount ($) or 3 months rent I will owe?
As they say, you can't get blood out of a turnip! Tell the landlord your situation. Sometimes they'll only charge you for one more month and take your deposit. Either way, best of luck to you, I've been there!
Here's your right as a tenant in California http://www.uslandlord.com/laws/ca.html in the section about laws you may find a clause to help you out this is all the laws in California.





Now you can also chat live with an attorney http://www.lawyers.com/ on this site you yourself can locate other help if needed in your town ( city ).
This sounds like a commercial rental - yes? There should be a clause in the agreement (virtually every rental agreement has one) that deals with early termination.





If not spelled out, state contract law and precedent will govern. I am not familiar with CA contract or rental law.





If you are not familiar with the law yourself, pay a hundred or two to an attorney who can tell you.
I've been through this before as well as other friends and, Yes, since you signed a contract you're liable for the whole term of the lease, unless you can find someone who can take over.


Even if you go to court you'll lose. Try talking to your landlord ';nicely'; to see if he/she will let you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment